Local Government Transparancy Code | Better value, delivered | YPO
  • Quick Order
  • Wishlists
  • 0
    £0.00 ex VAT


Local Government Transparency Code 2014

The following information is information concerning employment that must be published in line with the revised code. All information is accurate to 30 November 2019.

Organisation Chart (top three levels of the organisation)

YPO Board of Directors.

YPO Senior Leadership Team

These are all permanent posts. Further information in relation to services and functions, budgets and detailed salary information has not been included as this is deemed to be commercially sensitive information.

 Role  Current Post Holder   Email Address 
 Head of Logistics  Vacant  -
 Head of Public Sector Gavin Rimmington
[email protected]
 Head of Education Martin Armytage

martin.ar[email protected]

 Head of Marketing  Rachel Stothard  [email protected] 
 Head of Finance  Matthew Hirst [email protected]
 Head of Business Change and IT  Vacant


 Head of Human Resources  Jo Freeman [email protected] 


Senior salaries - senior management pay data.


Additional Benefits


The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) covers council employees and some councillors. The LGPS is a contributory scheme, this means that the employee contributes to the scheme from his or her own salary. Employees contribute between 5.5% - 12.5% of their salaries.

Employers' contributions to the LGPS vary depending upon how much is needed to ensure benefits under the scheme are properly funded, and are set independently. The rules governing the pension scheme are contained in regulations made by Parliament. 

Further information about the scheme can be found on the Local Government Pension Scheme website.


Expenses: what are senior officers entitled to?

The Board are expected to work such hours as are necessary to ensure the job gets done. This routinely involves evening and sometimes weekend work as well as a standard Monday to Friday business week. No extra payments are made for such extended hours. 

Senior officers, in line with all employees, are able to claim for a restricted amount of legitimate business expenses, including business travel in line with the YPO Travel and Subsistence Policy.


Pay Multiple

This is included in the Statement of Pay Policy 2021.


Trade Union Facility Time

The only Union recognised by YPO for collective consultation is UNISON.

As well as the Branch Chair and Branch Secretary there are 4 workplace and safety representatives which equates to 6 FTE.

One representative spent less than 1% of working time on union facility time during the period 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021, one representative spent between 51% and 99% of working time on union facility time, and the remaining four representatives spent between 1% and 50% for the same period.

In this period, a total of 2109.75 working hours were spent on facility time which includes union duties (time supporting YPO employees) and union activities (time spent for the Trade Union). Paid union activities to total facility time as a %, was 88.49%. This is a percentage increase from the previous year but is mainly due to less union duties taking place, as there were numbers of staff being furloughed and /or working from home.

Spending on unions facility time from 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021, was £24,253.66 which equates to 0.14% of YPO’s total pay bill for that period.

If you have any enquiries as to the information on this page please contact Alison Cross, HR Business Partner on 01924 834935 or email [email protected]