We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016, the data controller is YPO, 41 Industrial Park, Wakefield, WF2 0XE.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
YPO may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.ypo.co.uk ("the YPO Website") or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the YPO Website, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on the YPO Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the YPO Website, enter a competition, promotion, review a product or contract, or survey, and when you report a problem with the YPO Website. The information you give YPO may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial card information and, personal description, the organisation you work for and the title you hold within it.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the YPO Website, YPO may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the YPO Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. YPO may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites YPO operate or the other services YPO provide. In this case YPO will have informed you when YPO collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the YPO Website. YPO are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We will use the information you provide in a manner that complies with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and associated legislation. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up-to-date and not keep it longer than is necessary. Information will be kept in line with our data retention policy. In some instances the law sets the length of time information has to be kept.
YPO use your information for the following purposes:
- to provide our products and services to you;
- help us develop new and improved products and services to meet our customers’ needs;
- to carry out checks to prevent fraud and money laundering, and to confirm your identity before we provide services to you;
- for training;
- to communicate with you;
- to meet the obligations we have by law and under any regulations that apply;
- where we have a legitimate interest in using your information, for example to protect our business interests or to prevent fraud; and
- to keep you informed about products and services you hold with us and to send you information about products or services (including those of other companies) which may be of interest to you.
Information YPO collect about you digitally. YPO will use this information:
- to administer the YPO Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the YPO Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the YPO Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising YPO serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the YPO Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. YPO may combine this information with information you give to us and information YPO collect about you. YPO may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information YPO receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
YPO may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract YPO enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the YPO Website;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
- shared with YPO appointed Internal and External Audit to provide assurance on the validity of transactions and the accuracy of records.
YPO may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that YPO sell or buy any business or assets, in which case YPO may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if YPO or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
JOB APPLICANTS, CURRENT AND FORMER YPO EMPLOYEES
When individuals apply to work at YPO, YPO will only use the information supplied to process their application, to monitor recruitment statistics or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. Where YPO want to disclose information to a third party, for example where YPO want to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau, YPO will not do so without informing them beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed. It will then be destroyed or deleted. YPO retain de-personalised statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but no individuals are identifiable from that data.
Once a person has taken up employment with YPO, YPO will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment. Once their employment with YPO has ended, YPO will retain the file in accordance with the requirements of our retention schedule and then delete it.
YPO may at times have to consider the release of information in line with our obligations of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. YPO would release no personal information in line with the exemption under the Act.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will not keep your information longer than it is needed or where the law states how long this should be kept. We will dispose of paper records or delete any electronic personal information in a secure and confidential way
All information you provide to YPO is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using strict SSL and TLS technology. Where YPO have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the YPO Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. YPO ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although YPO will do our best to protect your personal data, YPO cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the YPO Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once YPO have received your information, YPO will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have rights relating to the way that we use your information. You have the right to:
- ask us to send you a copy of the information we hold about you;
- ask us to correct or delete any incorrect or incomplete information we hold about you (we will correct any information we believe is incorrect or incomplete);
- ask us to transfer certain personal information to you or to another organisation, including service providers, in a format they can use where this is technically possible (known as the ‘right to data portability’);
- withdraw any permission you have previously given to allow us to use your information;
- ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages at any:
You can also exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
The YPO Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that YPO do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION (FOI) REQUESTS
When YPO receive a FOI from an individual or organisation, YPO will use the information provided by the requestor to handle the FOI and may use the information to make up a file containing the details of the request. The file would normally contain the identity of the person making the request and any other individual involved.
YPO will only use the personal information YPO collect to process the request. YPO may publish statistics showing information like the number of requests YPO receive; this would not be in a form which personally identifies anyone.