Benefits of the framework and achieved objectives:
• Supports Value for Money
For the first time ever, social landlords will be able to benchmark insurance proposals through a transparent and EU complaint route to market and procure all types of insurance covers as well as services outside of the insurance placement scope.
• Access to wider insurance market
Social landlords tender exercises usually generated only up to 3 responses, if not less. We increased capacity with more insurers than ever willing to bid for social landlords risk.
We have created a level playing field for all insurance providers bringing transparency to the process and flexibility to access a wider insurance market.
• Process efficiencies
Desired outcomes will come from the work you put in upfront. Our advice and guidance documents will help you prepare strong market presentation.
• Added value
Our desire is to empower and equip social landlords with the best practice on how to buy insurance. Framework will help create opportunities to have an open dialogue with insurers and insurance intermediaries. Networking and knowledge sharing is key to achieve successful outcomes.
• Insurance consultancy services
Your existing insurance programmes may have been in place for many years . We provide you with access to new consultants. Objective assessment of your requirement and fresh look at your programme will challenge the norm.
Free support available
The route to market for this solution is via a further competition and our experienced team are on hand to help you through every step of this process – offering practical advice and support when you need it.
Our free support includes:
Further competition support
• Assistance with or management of the supplier pre-engagement
• Assistance and guidance in the drafting of the documentation, including the provision of template documents
• Advice on the specification, including the provision of anonymised specifications
• Advice on the award criteria, including sustainability to ensure compliance
• Advertising the further competition on YPO’s e-tendering portal – ProContract, and full administration of the process, including clarification log management
• There are three ways to run a further competition via ProContract
1. YPO can administer the full end-to-end further competition process
2. Request temporary access to ProContract and run the further competition yourself or with our support
3. If you're a current user of ProContract you can access and use our solutions directly without our involvement. View the 'How to access YPO’s frameworks directly' user guide.
• Running or supporting the evaluation process
• Moderation of the evaluation process
• Drafting/checking award and rejection letters, including provision of template documents
Standard documents available
• Further competition template
• Specification examples
• Example award questions
• Pricing matrix
• Award and rejection letters
• Call-off contract terms and conditions
“The DPS was very easy to access and use with queries responded to quickly. No barriers or burdensome paper work was required. The fact that the DPS is specific to housing associations gave reassurance that the providers were aware and experienced in the sector.”