The Supply Teachers and Temporary Staff agreement has saved schools over £1.5m in three years, and now we’ve partnered with YPO to help schools further. We’re working together to achieve savings with continued support and tailored solutions for your school.
Helping meet the needs of the education market
When the Department for Education (DfE) reviewed increasing expenditure on supply teachers (£1.15 billion in 2016), of which £835 million was spent on agencies (73%), it became clear that there was a need for a framework specifically for helping source supply teachers.
An increasing reliance on recruitment agencies meant that schools were regularly spending vast amounts of their budget on expensive agency mark-ups. This framework offers cost effective solutions and a list of accredited agencies that are robustly audited, giving schools peace of mind. It is also compliant with best practice EU procurement legislation and supported at strategic level by a range of influential stakeholders.
How can the agreement help you?
The Supply Teachers and Temporary Staff agreement launched in 2018, and we’ve seen many schools and trusts making huge time and financial savings since it went live. We’re able to offer a simple solution for the hiring of all staff in your educational setting; with a dedicated team to help guide you every step of the way. We’re committed to supporting your transition onto a robust framework that meets your unique requirements.
With the support of our suppliers over the past three years, we’ve helped multi academy trusts, local authorities, secondary, and primary schools, as well as other educational establishments save over £1.5 million. In a time when budgets are tight and resources are stretched in schools up and down the country, the agreement can give you the peace of mind that you’re getting compliant temporary cover at a price that you’re comfortable with.
Benefits of the agreement
- A robust background screening of suppliers and safeguarding in-line with the DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards, giving schools peace of mind
- Suppliers are audited and accredited to show they have best practice standards in recruitment for education
- Free transfer to permanent (‘temp-to-perm’) after 12 weeks in post, subject to four weeks’ notice. We’ve seen around £100,000 in savings from this benefit so far
- Consistent, pre-negotiated terms and conditions and a simple order form
- Complete transparency of costs
- A dedicated team of procurement professionals at CCS and YPO to support you through the process
How we can help
This agreement helps organisations of all shapes and sizes. Working in partnership with YPO, we can help support the transition of your temporary staffing spend onto the agreement in a way that suits your organisation, for free.
This can include but is not limited to:
- A Preferred Supplier List (PSL) - create a shortlist of accredited suppliers for your organisation to choose from. Simple, effective relationships with local suppliers
- Spend aggregation - work with other organisations to combine spend and leverage your collective buying power to drive savings and efficiencies
Don’t just take our word for it
Take a look at some of our case studies below, where you can read more about how the framework has helped a variety of different education establishments find the temporary staff they needed and set up a bespoke contract that meets their unique criteria.
Find out more
We’re here to support you through the process and can give you as much or as little help as you need.
Get in touch with the education procurement team at YPO to discuss your requirements and ask any questions you have:
Email: [email protected]
View framework here >>