Submitting tenders for public sector organisations can often be a daunting and challenging process. Suppliers often struggle to increase and maintain win rates, finding their submissions don’t quite hit the mark. To help you through this, we’ve partnered with ‘the bid toolkit' - an online tendering guide and training platform set up to help you write better bids for public sector contracts.
The bid toolkit is a simple step-by-step process that takes you through:
• How to research and prepare for an opportunity
• How to make good decisions on whether to bid
• How to strategise to win
• Building your solution, storyboarding and writing compelling responses
• Effectively reviewing your submission to drive quality
• Presenting your proposals to the client
• Handing over to your delivery team to set them up for success
Why you should sign up for the bid toolkit:
• Securing more new business with reduced cost of sale through increased win rates
• A simple repeatable step-by-step process
• Low-cost efficient online training, available anywhere 24/7
The bid toolkit team have recorded a series of educational webinars for suppliers in partnership with YPO that are free to access and are supplemented with accompanying blog posts. You can access them here.
the bid toolkit LIVE
the bid toolkit LIVE is a series of one day bids and proposals masterclass training sessions. These exclusive sessions expand on the bid toolkit online training content and include both in room exercises and round table discussions, leveraging real world examples from one of the best bid management professionals in the business.
The sessions are led by Jeremy Brim who brings 20 years of experience as a bid management professional across both the public and private sectors.
Every session will also be attended by a YPO qualified procurement professional who will deliver elements of the content, provide unique insights from the buyers perspective and be available for Q&A.
Bids and Procurement LIVE! 2
A key initiative of the partnership is a series of unique breakfast events, Bids and Procurement LIVE! They are mini-conferences for bids and procurement people, bringing together for the first time both sides of the story in one place to drive greater mutual understanding and sharing of best practice. Speakers and panel members will be drawn from across UK industry and the public sector. The events provide:
- A unique breakfast event bringing together bidding and procurement professionals for the first time
- Three themed discussion panels on the hot topics in competitive procurement environments
- A low cost, time efficient event - get your caffeine fix, some CPD and then get on with your day.
Read more about the bid toolkit events here.
The bid toolkit team have also successfully begun delivering in-workplace training to organisations. They deliver the same core training content as the open bids and proposals masterclass course, but with bespoke exercises and round table discussions for your sector and market, having analysed sample ITTs and client feedback in advance of delivery.
For less than the cost of sending one person on a course per month you can have full access to all their bid process, training content and tools, as well as additional enhanced detailed content on the roles and responsibilities of your bid team members. All free to access for your staff, 24/7, wherever they are.
They offer standard enterprise sites in their brand or white labelled in yours, either as an external password protected site or integrated within your intranet network perimeter. We can bespoke the bid process, training content and tools to match your existing bid processes or help you build new specific processes and content for your organisation.
Restore Harrow Green, UK market leader in business relocation, are one of the first companies to take advantage of a new combination of services deployed by the bid toolkit, working with YPO. Read their case study here.