YPO has in place a compliant route to market for the purchase of all your food requirements. Different food categories have been brought together, allowing you to buy from a single category or buy everything from a single supplier using a one-stop-shop approach. We created the UK Food Deal with you in mind - everything together in one place for you to pick and choose from. It couldn't be easier!
Our Food Deal Dynamic Purchasing System DPS (reference 985) includes 11 categories, and also has the flexibility to add new suppliers to the approved list. This gives particular suppliers the opportunity to apply to join the DPS and then bid for any future contracts. All our suppliers are thoroughly pre-vetted as to their general suitability and to ensure they have the proper processes and procedures in place to ensure they can offer a first class service.
The DPS enables YPO to provide a huge range of food categories nationwide to customers around the country, so everyone can buy food from us. This is in addition to our own stocked core range of over 1000 grocery essentials which can be delivered direct from YPO to your premises, either via our own fleet, or via a trusted delivery partner.
Products on the DPS are procured via a further competition which YPO will help you to manage. This increases competition between the awarded suppliers, helping to drive up quality of service and helping to ensure you get the lowest possible price.
We can provide you with the following categories of food:
- Groceries – Ambient products, canned goods, soft drinks and confectionery
- Frozen Foods – Vegetables, meat, fish, bread, desserts and ice-cream
- Ready Made Meals – Ready-made chilled and frozen meals to cater for all requirements
- Meal Concepts – Pasta, hot wraps and rice based meals with accompanying sauces , usually with themed disposables and equipment
- Fruit & Vegetables – Fresh fruit and vegetables including pre-prepared options
- Chilled Food – Milk, cheese, yoghurt, sandwich fillings, dairy products and delicatessen foods
- Fresh & Cooked Meat – Poultry, sausages, bacon and processed meats
- Bakery Goods – Fresh bread, pastries, cookies and cakes
- Sandwiches & Wraps – Fresh sandwiches, wraps and associated food-to-go products
- Alcoholic beverages – Lagers, beers, wines and spirits as well as non-alcoholic alternatives and associated bar equipment.
- Fresh and chilled fish and seafood products
- A multi-category option to award more than one of the above categories to a single supplier.
Benefits of using the UK Food Deal Frameworks
- We've already done most of the procurement work for you, so this saves valuable time
- You've got the flexibility to pick and choose the food you need from the different categories - you can tailor it to meet your unique requirements
- Peace of mind using suppliers and brands you can trust
- Support and advice from the YPO food team whenever you need us and at no cost
- The option to add new suppliers to the DPS, providing they meet the requirements.
- If you're already using any of the same suppliers on the framework, we carry out all the work in the background meaning your delivery dates and relationships with the supplier won't change - you'll receive the same service but pay less for the products!
Get in touch to find out more
and to find out which framework would work best for your requirements.
Don't just take our word for it...
Take a look below at what some of our customers using YPO are saying.
" We'll definitely be looking at how else YPO can help us and I'd advise any catering manager to do the same - you might find you can save with the suppliers you already know and trust. It was a no brainer, we would've been stupid not to make the switch to YPO. " - Horizon College
" Moving to a new supplier seemed like a risk to us, but YPO's expertise, flexibility and commercial knowledge instilled confidence in our team and we soon realised that we were on the right track. We are very satisfied with YPO's customer service and the long-term benefits we have gained. " - Anchor Trust
" It's been fantastic to work with YPO who have guided us through this process to find a good quality and great value food supplier. To make efficiency savings during times of budget cuts and high food price inflation is critical, as it allows us to focus more efforts on meeting the needs of our communities. " - London Borough of Havering
Get in touch to find out more.