Public sector establishments will no longer have to fear the small print in their contracts, as a new national collaborative framework is launched for multi-functional devices (MFDs).
Responding to reports that many public sector institutions have contracts in place which are unfit for their requirements and give poor value for money, a collaborative partnership was established between YPO, Government Procurement Service and ESPO to create a new fully compliant contract for MFD provision.
Launched in March 2012, the new contract covers the provision of multi-functional devices and services, managed print services and print audit services. Through four separate options on the framework, it will help establishments to achieve cost savings and value for money, with approved suppliers and a fully compliant procurement process.
Simon Hill, Managing Director at YPO said: “The collaboration between the three organisations achieves a powerful partnership which will drive even greater savings for all public sector establishments.
“The four lots have been designed to provide a range of solutions which cover all the possible requirements found in the public sector, from schools and academies, to local government authorities, charities and emergency services.”
Through the framework, customers also receive the benefit of full contract management, reducing the time spent on the often lengthy and time consuming procurement process.
- Ends -
Notes to editors:
- YPO is the UK’s largest formally constituted local authority purchasing consortium, and is owned by 13 constituent member authorities.
- YPO is a not for profit organisation, and exists to provide its customers with a ‘best value’ procurement route for supplies and services.
- YPO’s contracts offer customers access to an extensive choice of fully compliant solutions with approved suppliers. These are negotiated to achieve the best possible deal utilising aggregated buying power.
- YPO is a member of the Pro5 Group of professional buying organisations in the UK, with a combined purchasing power in excess of £2 billion per annum.
- A bespoke lot on the framework has been designed specifically for smaller education customers and supported by the Department for Education, featuring a single supplier and an online portal to enable customers to search and order products.