At YPO, we practice what we preach. We've recently used our own framework to upgrade the lighting in one of our large offices. Like many buildings of its era, our office had fluorescent lighting that had become inefficient and outdated when compared with modern systems.
The results so far:
- Improved and more consistent lighting levels which meet CIBSE industry guidelines
- Energy efficiency - lighting stays on when it needs to be. Each LED panel also contains a separate movement detector, and very gradually dims over time if the sensor detects no movement
- Cost savings – we're expecting 78% savings compared with the old system
- An aesthetically pleasing system to give a modern and streamlined look
- Daylight monitoring to balance the level and lighting required
YPO's procurement manager for energy Richard Hudson said: “This new LED lighting system is a welcome improvement to the YPO building. Staff feedback has been great, and it’s good to see that this investment has improved working conditions while saving us money and contributing towards our efforts to reduce energy consumption and emissions."
We're phasing in the project, installing the lighting over four phases to ease budgetary pressures and to make sure the system meets our needs. As a result of the improvements, phase two of the project is already in the diary.
If you'd like information regarding the Low Energy Lighting framework, please contact [email protected]