Calling all suppliers to the public sector!
From next month, YPO is launching new monthly ‘Meet the Buyer’ days at our HQ here in Wakefield.
You may or may not know that YPO works with a wide range of suppliers from across the UK, offering products and services to public sector organisations. As the country’s largest public sector buying organisation, our customer base includes more than 30,000 schools, universities, local authorities, emergency services and other not-for-profit organisations.
We’re committed to providing our customers with cost-effective products and frameworks which help them achieve efficiency savings. Our supply base is vital in helping us to achieve this, and so we’re keen to develop close working relationships with suppliers of all sizes who can share and support our responsible approach.
Meet the Buyer Days
On 16 May 2018, we’ll hold our first Meet the Buyer day where suppliers can meet category managers and buyers from both product and contract areas including energy, arts and crafts, corporate and people services, sports equipment, fleet and buildings as well as food, furniture and ICT.
As a supplier, you can book 30-minute appointments with the relevant category manager to discuss tender opportunities in our core and target markets. Most importantly, it’s a chance for you to get to know us and us to know you.
There is also an opportunity to book appointments with the following:
- YPO Contracts Team
- Gillian Askew, Head of Procurement
- Duncan Spokes, Strategic Markets Manager
- David Bemrose, Strategic Relationship Manager
- Melissa Bell, Sustainable Procurement Manager
How it works
- The first Meet the Buyer day is on Wednesday 16th May
- Appointments are available between 10am – 3pm
- Appointments can be face to face at YPO Head Office in Wakefield, via Skype or telephone
- Book an appointment with the category area that you are interested in here: https://ypo.simplybook.it/v2
Meet the Buyer Days 2018
Wednesday 16 May
Wednesday 20 June
Wednesday 18 July
Wednesday 15 August
Wednesday 19 September
Wednesday 17 October
Wednesday 21 November
Wednesday 19 December
How else can you find out about opportunities with YPO?
As a public sector organisation, YPO must ensure that all contracts comply with UK and EU procurement regulations ensuring fair and open competition between suppliers.
Currently we advertise supplier opportunities through our dedicated E-Tendering Website, where you can register as a supplier.
For more information about the EU procurement regulations click here.
- YPO E-Tendering Website: Where all YPO supplier opportunities are advertised.
- ProContract: Many local authorities procure through the ProControct Procurement Portal. This portal brings together buyers and suppliers, making it easier for businesses to find out about new sources of potential revenue and to grow and develop to the benefit of the local economy.