Date: 8 July 2020
Time: 11am - 12pm
We'll be joined by special guests Beverley Bracey and Jonathan Thacker from Willis Tower Watson who will be covering key topics within the UK construction market.
The UK construction insurance market is continuing to harden in 2020 with insurers considering how they can continue to write construction insurance in the wake of large losses during 2019. Several insurers have pulled out of the construction market altogether with those remaining being selective in the risks they are willing and able to cover. Those insurers that continue to write construction insurance are doing so with the intention of increasing premium rates and reviewing scope of cover, particularly excess levels. Insurers are going to require detailed and quality information as well as sufficient time to consider how they might respond to requests for cover/quotations. It is also important for public sector organisations to understand the contract terms they are signing up to and what obligations relative to insurance apply to each party.
This webinar will cover:
- UK Construction market in 2020
- General market hardening/reduced capacity/cover restrictions/increased excesses
- Construction professional indemnity insurance market
- What organisations/brokers can do
- Sufficient time for underwriters to consider risk
- Insurance provisions in contracts
- Reviewing and understanding the obligations on each party relative to insurance
- Agreeing contract terms early in the works procurement process
Register your place on the webinar now!