We’ve been speaking to some of our customers about Christmas and what their plans are this year for the festive season. We managed to get hold of a top-secret mince pie recipe off the cook in charge, Mrs Gilling from Meadow View Primary School!
What you’ll need (Makes 20 mince pies or if you prefer, 30 mince pies)
- 64742X – Plain Flour 500g
- 632358 – Kerrymaid Premium Butter 350g
- 646768 – Mincemeat 700g
- 641391 – Granulated Sugar 175g
- Sprinkle of granulated sugar 20g
- Place the flour, Kerrymaid Premium Butter and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Mix on slow speed initially then increase the speed mixing until a soft dough is formed.
- Roll out ¾ of the mixture and cut out the mince pie bases using a 3 ¼ inch cutter.
- Place the base into a deep fill tart tin.
- Divide the mincemeat equally between the bases.
- Roll out the remaining mixture and cut the tops using either a 2 ¾ inch cutter or star shaped cutter if desired.
- Press the lids down to ensure a tight seal is formed.
- Bake at gas mark 4 (180 °C) (350 °F) for approx. 20-25 minutes until light golden brown.
- Whilst still warm, sprinkle the top with the remaining granulated sugar. Alternatively, if desired allow the mince pies to cool completely and sprinkle with icing sugar immediately prior to service.