Please sign in or register to view the secure documents associated with this page.
Frequently Asked Questions:
This short video will give you an overview of apprenticeships, end point assessment and the apprenticeship standards.
Understanding the Procurement Process for Apprenticeships
Are you wanting to understand how YPO procured and structured the apprenticeship framework this quick video should help answer your questions. Including information on call-offs, framework structure and procurement routes.
Adding Providers and Standards to the YPO Framework
This video will provide an overview of how standards are developed and approved by the Institute of Apprenticeships. It then details how YPO allows new providers and new ESFA standards to be added to the YPO framework on a quarterly basis, including details on the relevant timetables and how YPO attracts new providers to support developing the sector.
Why Should I use the YPO Framework?
YPO has now been supporting the public sector to procure apprenticeships for over 18months and in that time we have developed significant knowledge in the sector and supported both providers and contracting authorities. We have developed a simple and easy to use website for you to procure your standards, this short video provides details on how the YPO framework may help your organisation.
YPO Apprenticeships Framework Advice and Support
The YPO apprenticeship team can support you as much or as little as you like, we are available for meetings and calls to guide you through the process. This video discuss the ways in which we can help you procure from your local apprenticeship market.
The YPO framework has asked providers to provide costs for delivering apprenticeship standards, in this short video we will discuss how you can utilise the framework pricing and how it aligns to the banding costs.
Are you interested in delivering an apprenticeship standard? Follow these steps;
1. Register on the YPO tendering portal (ensure you set your organisation up against the correct CPV codes): https://tendering.ypo.co.uk
2. You will receive an alert when the apprenticeship tender is published, this is based on the CPV codes you register against
3. Check the tender portal on a frequent basis to view all live opportunities
4. Once the opportunity is live, register your interest in the apprenticeship framework
5. Download all available documents for the tender process
6. Read the tender particulars document
7. Please read Appendix A to ensure you download the correct documents for the relevant apprenticeship standard
8. Return the completed documents by the deadline provided in the documents
9. In approximately a month you will be advised if you have been successful onto the framework
10. The opportunity to bid for standards will re-open every quarter
Due to the size of the market, YPO have developed a search portal to deliver the procurement of apprenticeship standards. The search functionality allows contracting authorities to search and procure apprenticeship, associated training and end point assessment organisations.
Contracting authorities will have the ability to:
• Search for an apprenticeship via regions
• Search for an apprenticeship via the route
• Search for a specific standard
• Filter providers through a range of sub-criteria
• Direct award through the portal
• Carry out a further competition through the portal
• Download all provider framework responses
• Download all provider framework pricing
• Download provider information sheets
All information that YPO received as part of the tender process can be viewed by contracting authorities. This information is commercially sensitive, so contracting authorities will be required to log into the portal.
To utilise the search functionality please click here.