The Specialist Courier Services Framework (RM3799) has been developed in collaboration with YPO and gives customers from all areas of the public sector access to a variety of specialised courier services. Suppliers on the Specialist Courier Services framework specialise in the movement and storage of items subject to strict transport regulation.
Full supplier details will appear under the Lot Details tab shortly.
The scope of services is separated into the following 7 Lots:
Lot 1 - Class 6.2 Infectious Substances (Category A and Category B), Non-Infectious Substances, Biological Substances, Blood and Tissue
Suppliers on Lot 1 provide collection and delivery for biological substances such as microorganisms, clinical samples, pathogens, infectious and non-infectious substances and more. For a full list please download a copy of the Framework Specification Of Services from this webpage.
Lot 2 - Controlled Drugs and Pharmaceuticals
Suppliers on Lot 2 deliver a full suite of service lines capable of fulfilling the broad range of requirements for the secure collection, transportation and delivery of controlled drugs and pharmaceuticals. Items covered by the scope of this framework lot include but are not limited to: pharmaceutical products; controlled drugs (including drug precursors); medical supplies and associated equipment.
Lot 3 - Secure Cash and Valuables in Transit – Not Awarded
Lot 4 - Explosive Substances (Class 1) and Firearms
Suppliers on Lot 4 provide courier collection, transportation and delivery of explosive substances and articles (UN Class 1) and firearms. Typical loads include:
1. UN Class 1 High Consequence Explosive Substances and articles
2. UN Class 1 Explosive Substances and articles and articles division 1.1-1.6
3. Section 5 Firearms
4. Section 1 Firearms
5. Section 2 Firearms
6. Handguns for humane dispatch
7. Small arms ammunition
8. CS Gas and PAVA Spray
9. Chain of custody transportation service and services
Lot 5 - The Haulage, Storage and Disposal of Seized Goods
Suppliers on Lot 5 provide a suite of service lines suitable for public sector organisations that require the secure and safe transport and storage of items that have been seized from their original owners by the authorities. Such items may include, but are not limited to: electrical items; counterfeit items; high value items; illicit or illegal material or substances; alcohol; tobacco; offensive weapons.
The core requirements under this framework lot are defined but not limited to:
1. Collection and haulage of seized goods, in various size(s) and quantities, from the point of collection and transportation to a storage facility
2. Collection and haulage of seized goods in various size(s) and quantities from the point of collection and transportation to a facility for disposal
3. The secure storage of seized goods on behalf of the Contracting Authority whilst awaiting further instructions (typically for disposal or movement to another facility)
Lot 6 - The Haulage, Storage and Disposal of Vehicles
Suppliers on Lot 6 provide a suite of service lines to provide haulage, storage and disposal of vehicles seized by the authorities. Vehicles may be disposed of by sale at auction or broken down for recycling or scrap. A range of vehicles sizes may be moved including, but not limited to:
1. Vehicles (including cars, motorcycles, pushbikes, quad bikes)
2. Commercial vehicles (including light, heavy and tankers)
3. Vessels (including boats, canoes, jet skis)
4. Caravans and motor homes
5. Plant, machinery
6. Trailers of all sizes
7. Vehicle components
Lot 7 - Radioactive Materials (Class 7)
Suppliers on Lot 7 provide courier services for the collection and delivery of radioactive materials (class 7). Service lines include same day delivery, next day delivery on a scheduled or ad hoc basis.
Customers using this Framework Agreement are only able to award following a further competition exercise.
This framework is open to all public sector organisations including central government departments, health authorities and the wider public sector.
Veiw of Frequently Asked Questions for more information.