Print Equipment and Entry Level Print Management Software
Canon is the single supplier for Lot 1 which covers print equipment and entry level print management software. Since this is a completed framework, you do not have to undertake competition to procure a great range of multifunctional devices to print, copy and scan. The competition has already been done for you, with Canon UK having the best product pricing from that competition.
After registering, schools only have to choose their preferred device and, if required, select any additional items offered. Canon has a dedicated schools help desk if you are struggling. Follow the canon link here.
Read more about reducing print costs in Canon's brochure for schools >> Reducing print costs for Schools.
Multifunctional Devices (MFD’s) and Print Management Software Services
Why consider lot 2?You already have the staff and expertise to effectively manage your print related activities
You know the specification of devices required and volumes
You want to deliver long term savings
You want to rationalise suppliers and printers into a single supplier contract
You want to reduce print volumes and change printing habits
You want the flexibility of a service which is able to adapt to changing requirements.
- Reduced costs through device consolidation and proactive consumables management
- Management information to assist in budgeting and plan printing costs more effectively
- Reduced admin costs associated with a multi-supplier print environment
- Management of existing lease contracts, regardless of supplier
- Ability to leverage previous investments in print devices
- Flexible commercial model, allowing for enhanced services
- Enhanced staff productivity
- Access to the latest technology and software developments
- Standardisation of suppliers and devices
- Heightened security of devices and data
- Enable greater mobility of users
- Integrate paper documents into digital workflows
- New energy efficient devices to reduce energy usage
- Less waste of consumables such as toner and paper
- Better use of valuable space
What Information is required ahead of a further competition?
Ahead of a further competition, customers should have accurate and up-to date levels of information relating to their print infrastructure in order for suppliers to understand their current situation and to accurately respond to the Invitation to Tender.
As a minimum this should include:
- Number of devices required
- Specification of devices required
- Organisational structure (number of locations, buildings etc)
- Number of users and type (office, mobile or homeworkers)
- Annual print volume (colour & mono)
- Existing lease agreements, break-fix contracts or desktop services
- Number of assets in scope and type (photocopiers, MFDs, desktop printers, faxes, scanners etc.)
- Current spend
- Network infrastructure – number and location of servers, Active Directory, Security standards, etc.
Pricing will be based upon a lease or purchase cost plus a cost per impression. The price will be determined either from the supplier’s pricing schedule or based upon the outcome of a Customer’s further competition. The maximum contractual period for a contract under Lot 2 is 7 years.