Strategic Procurement Manager (Place) & Strategic Procurement Manager (Professional Services)
YPO Public Sector Team
Grade 14 £50,757 - £53,698 per annum | Permanent | Full time 37 hours per week | Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2021 at 12 noon.
YPO is the largest formally constituted local authority purchasing consortium in the UK providing public sector customers with a 'best value' procurement route for goods and services. With an annual turnover in excess of £1 billion, YPO enables their Public Sector customers to access compliant solutions that support indirect service spend across a range of categories ranging from Energy, Fleet, HR, ICT, FM, Finance, Corporate, Highways, Buildings, Waste, Food, Social Care and Emergency Service frontline equipment.
Additionally, our education customers enjoy cost and efficiency savings through substantial bulk buying power and the convenience of a 'one stop shop' supporting the wide curriculum needs.
New exciting opportunities have arisen at YPO through two Strategic Procurement Manager Roles to join the senior Public Sector Leadership Team at this critical time. YPO are actively supporting customers across all sectors with their response to the pandemic and also supporting the business as usual commercial and procurement activity still required now and, in the future, to support the UK’s recovery. You will be working with colleagues across the public sector to support localised economic growth, deliver enhanced value from their current and new relationship with YPO and progressing net zero ambitions all against an ever-challenging public sector financial landscape.
The post holder will be responsible for the strategic leadership of Procurement Teams dedicated to specific categories and sectors. You will use understanding of the Public Sector and the challenges being faced to support the development and then implement a 3–5-year sector facing strategy.
The Strategic Procurement Manager will:
- Work at a Senior level to lead key crucial strategic customer and supplier relationships to actively promote collaborative procurement to deliver savings, add value through best practice, remove barriers, support economic benefits, and secure positive social value outcomes for customers.
- Develop, implement and measure category objectives required to deliver growth in line with timed phasing and that drive dynamic innovation responsively to an ever-changing Public Sector landscape.
- Manage teams of Category Managers, Buyers, Assistant Buyers and Further Competition Coordinators (as appropriate to relevant teams) to ensure that category strategy is set, monitored, and delivered and can be directly linked back to YPO vision, mission and strategy and clearly relate to the needs of the Public Sector.
- Work with suppliers to ensure that YPO is as accessible as possible, a customer of choice and that our processes for bidding do not restrict access or attractiveness regardless of the size of the supplier.)
- Work with customers and external stakeholders to position YPO as a trusted partner, with market leading expertise and best in class customer service. Embed social value in all our products and services, using social value and socio-economic approaches that clearly differentiate YPO
- Provide strategic leadership on customer and supplier relationships within the Public Sector team at YPO, responsible for identifying demand, ensuring a positive customer experience and the development and delivery of effective Procurement models that are attractive to suppliers and customers.
- Forecast and manage financial performance and achieve agreed growth targets with the Commercial and Strategy Manager over a multi-year time frame.
- Develop and encourage a talent profile that ensures YPO has the best Procurement and commercial skills and expertise possible.
A proven track record in commercial and procurement settings, demonstrating the ability to manage collaborative outputs within diverse complex arenas is required. In addition, the ideal candidate will be an effective communicator and possess the drive to deliver cost reductions, efficiencies, and improvements for the public sector.
Key Benefits to this Role & YPO:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: minimum 207.2 hours (28 days) annual leave per year + 8 statutory holidays + 3 discretionary close down days (subject to Board approval)
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements
- Free parking if at Head Office (subject to availability)
- A 'Disability Confident' accredited employer with a robust CSR policy and a real commitment to staff development
- Member of the Institute of Customer Service
- Public sector organisation that operates very commercially
- Family friendly policies
- Extensive offer of employee benefits including Cycle2Work, CSSC Membership, Discounted Travel Cards and many more.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Duncan Spokes, Commercial and Strategy Manager on 07872 424689. (Please no agencies at this time).
To apply for this role please download the job description and both parts of the application form below. Completed application forms should be sent to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 23rd April 2021. Initial interviews will be held on week commencing 17th May 2021. Please note interviews will be held virtually using Microsoft Teams.
Please note CVs will not be accepted for the above post.