Social Media Manager
Grade 9 - £31,346 to £33,782 per annum | Permanent | Full time 37 hours per week | Closing Date: 31 October 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Social Media Manager to join the digital marketing team.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the role will have responsibility for managing and developing the social media strategy, performance and content plan across all social channels.
This is a fast-paced role and a chance to join a publicly owned organisation with almost 50 years’ experience and a commitment to social value and continuous reduction in environmental impact.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the marketing and wider commercial team and will be dedicated to delivering the social media strategy for the business. Alongside experience of social media analysis, reporting, optimisation and scheduling, the role will lead and develop content that will help to drive business growth.
If you are an experienced and self-motivated individual and believe you have the skills, knowledge and experience as described in the job description - and would like to be considered for this role, please download a job description and application form.
- Managing and developing the social media strategy, performance and content plan across all channels supporting the Campaign Managers to deliver the social media elements of the campaign marketing
- Work with Category Managers/Buyers to propose and drive ideas and inspiration
- Exploring and proposing different formats for social media content
- Championing and sharing social media expertise, guidance, and best practice
- Responsibility for managing the social media budget
- Ensure timely responses to customer enquiries on social media
- Seek out opportunities from social media that could lead to positive PR opportunities
- Quality check all social media posts, including all those posted by other team members
- Performing research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Responsible for presenting results, feedback and findings in an effective manner using evidence and examples
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree or relevant experience in marketing/digital marketing
- Strong copywriting skills for online platforms
- Social media marketing in a B2B environment
- Creating content in different digital forms
- Analytical skills to monitor social media performance
- Translate technical content into creative content
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Key Benefits of this Role & YPO:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: minimum 207.2 hours (28 days) annual leave per year + 8 statutory holidays + 3 discretionary close down days (subject to Board approval)
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- Member of the Institute of Customer Service
- Public sector organisation that operates very commercially
- A strong family feel
- Family friendly policies
- Extensive offer of employee benefits including Cycle2Work, CSSC Membership, Discounted Travel Cards and many more.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please download a job description & application form. Completed application forms should be sent to the HR Team at [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is 23:55 on Sunday, 31 October 2021 and interviews will be held week commencing 08 November 2021
YPO is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforces. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best.
CV’s will not be accepted in lieu of application forms. Please note only candidates that have completed and returned the application form will be considered.