Grade 11 – £37,849 to £40,760 per annum | Permanent | Full time 37 hours per week | Closing Date: 23 June 2019
YPO is the largest formally constituted local authority purchasing consortium in the UK providing public sector customers with a 'best value' procurement route for goods and services. With an annual turnover in excess of £700m, YPO enables their Public Sector customers to enjoy cost and efficiency savings through substantial bulk buying power and the convenience of a 'one stop shop'.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced National Account Manager with a proven successful track record of selling to the Food or Catering markets. If you have this experience, we would like to hear from you.
In return we can offer an attractive salary, excellent benefits, local government pension scheme and generous leave entitlement.
The candidate will be expected to be able to direct and control the sales effort to achieve agreed national sales targets through concentrated sales activity, for products and services applicable to the Food Market. Having current experience in the Food sector and an established track record of effective Account Management they will be able to further develop our Food proposition, delivering successfully to target.
Although initially focused on the Food Service offer to DSO’s, Multi Academy Trusts and Schools they will also develop plans for other Food Business areas such as Early Years and YPO’s Limited Company business.
The National Account Manager - Food will also:
- Have food sales experience with a good understanding of the market
- Strategically manage and grow national sales within the food services market
- Ensure sales targets are achieved, and customer retention and growth levels are delivered
- Manage YPO business relationship with the food services sector
- Maintain and increase current business and extend the range of products and services bought through direct sales activity
- Manage customer relationship management and business plans including key account plans for large customers
- Have excellent customer service and sales/account management skills
- Have excellent relationship building and negotiation skills
- Plan and manage their own workload in an efficient and controlled manner
Key Benefits of this Role & YPO:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Car User Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: minimum 28 days annual leave per year + 8 statutory holidays + 3 discretionary close down days (subject to Board approval)
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- A ‘Disability Confident’ accredited employer with a robust CSR policy and a real commitment to staff development
- Member of the Institute of Customer Service
- Public sector organisation that operates very commercially
- A strong family feel
- Subsidised canteen
- Family friendly policies
- Extensive offer of employee benefits including Cycle2Work, CSSC Membership, Discounted Travel Cards and many more
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 23 June 2019 and first stage interviews will be held, at YPO Head Office week commencing Monday 1 July 2019.
YPO is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best.