Grade 10 - £33,799 to £36,876 per annum | Permanent | Full time 37 hours per week | Closing Date: 20 September 12 noon
An exciting opportunity has arisen at YPO for a Legal Officer, to join our Contracts team.
The post holder will be required to:
- Ensure that the organisations’ contracting policies and procedures are compliant with legislation and YPO’s Standing Orders
- Provide legal and commercial contract advice to YPO which supports the delivery of the business plan and commercially protects the best interests of YPO
- Be the first point of contact to provide legal advice and assistance on all issues related to Frameworks, internal contracting, and Dynamic Purchasing Systems
- Draft and review contractual documents including Frameworks, Contracts and other legal documentation
- Be a flexible resource to support, guide and provide legal assistance to category teams as and when the business requires
- Act as the first point of advice on wider legal issues for YPO (excluding employment matters) including international contracting, limited company operations, and debt recovery
This role will have a specific focus on all legal aspects of and best practices in Public Sector contracting and how these are applied at YPO.
Ideally, the candidates will have or be working towards MCIPS and/or CILeX, and will possess a law degree or have practical legal experience.
As a high achiever in contracting or procurement, you must be able to demonstrate your experience in contract formulation and drafting and show an excellent understanding of its application in the public sector. You must have the ability to relate to contractual arrangements in a commercial context to support the trading teams at YPO. A very good understanding of public sector organisations is essential. You should have an understanding of Risk Management and strong problem-solving ability.
You will be an effective communicator, through verbal or written means with well-developed leadership skills and the ability to maintain effective relationships.
Key Benefits of this Role
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: minimum 28 days annual leave + 8 statutory days + 3 discretionary close down days
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements.
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- A Disability Confident accredited employer with a robust CSR policy with a real commitment to staff development
- Subsidised canteen
- Family friendly policies
The closing date for applications is Friday 20 September 2019 at 12 noon, and interviews are planned to be held week commencing 30 September 2019.
YPO is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best.