Inventory Analyst x 2
Salary Grade 6 £23,541 - £24,982 | Permanent | Full Time 37 hours per week | Closing Date: 31 January 2022
An exciting opportunity to join the Supply Chain team within YPO has arisen. You must have a good under understanding of inventory management as an inventory analyst is a specialist role. You will have good communication skills and be computer literate. You will have the ability to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines. You must be able to work individually but also as part of a team.
To manage a portfolio of up 3,000 item’s ensuring business needs in terms of customer satisfaction through stock availability meets the highest levels whilst considering business impact in terms of warehouse capacity and stock holding. There will daily interaction with our supply base through the placement of orders and maintaining the accuracy of dates in the purchase order book. There will be a need to handle up to 50 phone calls a day to book in supplier deliveries.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
To analyse historical customer demand considering all influencing factors which may increase or decrease future demand and place orders with suppliers on a daily basis. To proactively take action to prevent stock outs through expediting existing supplier orders, increasing quantities on order, calling forward supplier delivery, placing additional orders or implementing product substitutions where suitable and to investigate out of stocks identifying potential resolutions and expedite overdue Orders when required. Also to flag up to supply chain analyst sales forecast issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- GCSE grades a-b Including Math’s & English or equivalents
- Proven track record of problem solving and analysis of large quantities of data 2 and understand implications of the role
- “A” Levels Grades A-E or Equivalent
- Must be able to analyse, manipulate and present data accurately, to a variety of audiences, using Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
Key Benefits of This Role:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: 26 days Annual leave + 8 Statutory + 3 discretionary close down days (subject to approval)
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- Robust CSR policy with a real commitment to staff development
- Member of the Institute of Customer Service
- Public sector organisation that operates very commercially
- A strong Family feel
- Family friendly policies
If you wish to be considered for this role please download a job description & application form below. Completed application form to be sent to the HR Team at [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 31st January 2022 and interviews will be held week commencing Monday 14th February 2022.
CV’s will not be accepted in lieu of application forms. Please note only candidates that have completed and returned the application form will be considered.