HR Operational Manager
Grade 14 £50,757 to £53,698 | Permanent | Full time 37 hours per week
Are you passionate about people and putting your customers at the heart of what you do? Would you like to work in a transforming, forward thinking and supportive organisation? Do you like continuous improvement, variety, challenge and are you passionate about making a difference? Then this role could be just what you’re looking for.
YPO is a publicly owned organisation with almost 50 years’ experience in helping the public sector achieve the best possible value when buying products and services. We have a commercial approach but as public value champions we’re dedicated to providing great support and added value services. We are a value’s led employer and live and breathe them every day. All our profits go back to the heart of the public sector.
We are now looking to appoint a new key role of HR Operational Manager. This role will lead and manage a team of HR professionals, supporting the transformation of the HR function to a proactive, dynamic, enabling and customer focused HR service. Reporting into the Head of HR & People Services and supporting YPO’s People Strategy themes and initiatives to support delivery of our ambitious 3-to-5-year business plan. You will work closely with our Trade Unions, facilitating and developing effective partnership working. There is a strong emphasis on driving forward continual improvement into our employment policies and associated processes to make them agile, innovative, compliant with employment law and business focussed.
Knowledge, experience and skills required include:
- Experience of operating at a senior HR level and leading and managing teams
- Knowledge and application of employment legislation, informal and formally
- Highly developed relationships management skills
- Experience of working effectively in partnership with Trade Unions
- Relevant degree / CIPD qualification or equivalent experience in a management role
We offer great benefits too:
- Access to training and development opportunities, our in-house team hosts a wide range of internal courses covering various topics
- Payment of your membership fee for CIPD
- Supporting attainment for graduate CIPD status once you have completed your 1st year employment anniversary
- Access to our dedicated Occupational Health Service and our 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A competitive salary with an extremely generous holiday package: minimum 207.2 hours (28 days) annual leave per year + 8 statutory holidays + 3 discretionary days
- Supportive and challenging working environment
- Family friendly policies, including access to our flexible working scheme and flexible working arrangements
- A recently developed hybrid working environment
- Extensive offer of employee benefits including Cycle2Work, CSSC Membership, Discounted Travel Cards and many more.
- Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Fund (career average scheme) https://www.wypf.org.uk/
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- A strong family feel
Please refer to the job description below for full details of the role and our requirements.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please contact [email protected]
This advert will remain open until there are sufficient candidates to be considered for the role. YPO reserve the right to close this advert without notice.
Complete applications forms must be emailed to [email protected]
CV’s will not be accepted in lieu of application forms. Please note only candidates that have completed and returned the application form will be considered.