Finance Business Partner
Grade 10 - £34,728 to £37,890 per annum | Permanent | Full time 37 hours per week | Closing Date: 31 October 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Finance department for a Finance Business Partner.
This is a rare and superb chance to join the Financial Management team of a well-established, publicly owned organisation with turnover in excess of £100m. YPO has supplied products and services to the public sector since 1974 and we have a strong commitment to employee wellbeing, social value and the continuous reduction in our environmental impact.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Finance team working alongside business functions to help drive profitability, support operational and strategic decision making, provide valuable reporting, insights and analysis and help deliver strong financial management.
If you are an experienced and self-motivated individual, believe you have the skills, knowledge and experience as described in the job description and would like to be considered for this role, please download a job description and application form.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- To support the Financial Controller with the timely preparation, production and interpretation of management information, monthly management accounts, budgets, forecasts, year-end accounts and any ad-hoc performance information and analysis.
- Work collaboratively to support and provide professional advice to Budget Holders & Senior Management in decision making, financial performance and budgetary control.
- Support the business in developing and implementing plans that improve the effectiveness, cost efficiency and profitability of the business.
- To assist in the ongoing development of commercially focused reporting including that of activity-based costing/lines of business (Segmental reporting) and margin performance.
- To ensure financial and budgetary controls are robustly maintained.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues to ensure that the function operates consistently and effectively in the implementation and application of all departmental procedures and policies.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Must be a either a fully qualified accountant holding a recognized ACCA, ACA, CIMA or CIPFA qualification or in the latter stages of actively working towards one.
- Must have a minimum of 3 A Level qualifications at a C grade (or equivalent) or above one of which must be numeric or equivalent
- Strong experience working as part of a finance team, preparing monthly management and annual financial accounts, budgets, forecasts and plans to tight reporting deadlines
- Experience working with and influencing non-finance orientated teams who are responsible for budgets and actual performance.
- Personable with confident communication skills including listening and verbal reasoning
- Strong Excel report building skills including complex formula creation and data manipulation
- The ability to create meaningful financial reports, analysis, investment proposals and to be able to present these to managers and finance colleagues
- The ability to solve problems and inspire others.
Key Benefits of this Role & YPO:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: minimum 207.2 hours (28 days) annual leave per year + 8 statutory holidays + 3 discretionary close down days (subject to Board approval)
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- Member of the Institute of Customer Service
- Public sector organisation that operates very commercially
- A strong family feel
- Family friendly policies
- Extensive offer of employee benefits including Cycle2Work, CSSC Membership, Discounted Travel Cards and many more/
If you wish to be considered for this role, please download a job description & application form. Completed application forms should be sent to the HR Team at [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is 23.55pm on Sunday, 31 October 2021 and interviews will be held week commencing 22 November 2021
YPO is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best.
CV’s will not be accepted in lieu of application forms. Please note only candidates that have completed and returned the application form will be considered.