Energy Support Officer – Energy
Grade 6 – £23,953 – £25,419 per annum | Permanent | 37 hours per week | Closing Date: 23:55 on 21 August 2022
YPO is the largest formally constituted local authority purchasing consortium in the UK providing public sector customers with a 'best value' procurement route for goods and services. With an annual turnover of more than £1 billion, YPO enables their Public Sector customers to use over 100 contractual Frameworks and receive dedicated procurement support from the Category Teams.
Due to team reorganisation, an exciting opportunity has arisen at YPO to join the Energy Team at YPO as an Energy Support Officer, reporting directly into the Energy Category Manager. The Energy Team has a new redefined focus on the utility areas of Electricity, Gas and Water and wider sustainable, green and Net Zero solutions. The Road to Net Zero is a key part of the UK Public Sector journey and the further development of support and solutions is embedded into YPO’s new five-year strategy.
The post holder will need to undertake all tactical process & administrative activity to enable the Category Manager to focus on driving the strategic and commercial energy agenda. Also demonstrate the proactive behaviours (e.g., ownership) & ways of working which support the overall energy business goals. Show initiative rather than wait for tasks or instructions and to identify and act on improvement opportunities.
Assisting in the management of significant customer portfolios covering Gas, Electric and Water alongside Net Zero solutions, the Energy Support Officer role is to undertake all tactical process & administrative activity to enable the Category Manager to focus on driving the strategic and commercial energy agenda. They will need to demonstrate the proactive behaviours (e.g., ownership) & ways of working which support the overall energy business goals. Show initiative rather than wait for tasks or instructions. To identify and act on improvement opportunities. In addition, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and possess drive and enthusiasm to deliver best value across the category.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supplier performance data capture
- Managing Trading data
- Report Creation
- Collation of customer and supplier data
- Telephone support and Call Planning
- Project & Planning work
Key Benefits to this Role & YPO:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: minimum 192.4 hours (26 days) annual leave per year + 8 statutory holidays + 3 discretionary close down days (subject to Board approval)
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements
- Reimbursement of professional membership fees when required for the role
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- A robust CSR policy and a real commitment to staff development
- Member of the Institute of Customer Service
- Public sector organisation that operates very commercially
- A strong family feel
- Subsidised canteen
- Family friendly policies
- Extensive offer of employee benefits including Cycle2Work, CSSC Membership, Discounted Travel Cards and many more.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 23:55 on 21 August and interviews will be held on 16 September 2022.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
YPO is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best.