Digital Product Data Writer x 2
Grade 6 - £23,541 to £24,982 per annum | Full time 37 hours per week | Full Time Permanent | Closing Date: 31 October 2021. Interviews w/c 15th November
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Digital Product Data Writer to join the Digital Product Data team in the Marketing team.
Reporting to Digital Product Data Manager, the role will have responsibility for developing and creating content for all channels including website, product data, blogs, digital properties, and catalogues. They will help develop, document, and embed procedures to manage web content with a focus on products.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the marketing and wider commercial team and an exceptional writer with an SEO background, collaborator and passionate about developing effective content that engages customers throughout the online user journey.
If you are an experienced and self-motivated individual and believe you have the skills, knowledge and experience as described in the job description - and would like to be considered for this role, please download a job description and application form.
- Creating written content with an understanding of what works on the internet, with users and on search engines.
- Write web page titles, meta tag descriptions and alt tags for images.
- Develop engaging product descriptive for online and offline (catalogue descriptions) content to entice and engage audience.
- Proactively improve data (or image, etc) models to support the strategy.
- Develop and deliver online content in line with the overall marketing strategy.
- Edit web page content to increase on-screen readability.
- Copy, edit, and proofread content created by other content writers to provide detailed feedback.
- Search Engine Optimisation ensuring content contains sufficient keywords/long tail keywords.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to NVQ level 3 or equivalent experience in a similar roll
- Excellent knowledge of SEO best practice and guidelines to optimize content
- Knowledge of keyword research
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods.
- Strong copywriting skills for online platforms
- Creating content in different digital forms
- Strong communication skills
- Digital marketing experience (content development, email marketing, SEO)
- Strong attention to detail.
Key Benefits of this Role & YPO:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: minimum 192.4 hours (26 days) annual leave per year + 8 statutory holidays + 3 discretionary close down days
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- Member of the Institute of Customer Service
- Public sector organisation that operates very commercially
- A strong family feel
- Family friendly policies
- Extensive offer of employee benefits including Cycle2Work, CSSC Membership, Discounted Travel Cards and many more.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 31st October 2021 and interviews will be held on w/c 15th November 2021.
YPO is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best.
CVs will not be accepted in lieu of application forms. Please note only candidates that have completed and returned the application form will be considered.