Maternity Cover (10 Months)
Grade 10, £34,728 - £37,890
An exciting opportunity has arisen at YPO for a Contracts Officer, to join our Contracts Team.
The post holder will be required to:
- Ensure the organisations’ contracting policies and procedures are compliant with legislation and YPO’s Standing Orders.
- Identify and implement best practice in contracting.
- Ensure YPO’s contracting is undertaken in a consistent manner and to a continually high standard.
- Be a flexible resource to support, guide and provide practical assistance to category teams as and when the business requires.
This role will have a particular focus on legal updates and best practice in Public Sector procurement and how these are applied at YPO. The role has at least one direct report.
Ideally, the candidates will have or be working towards MCIPS.
As a high achiever in contracting or procurement, you must be able to demonstrate:
- You have experience with procurement practice and show an excellent understanding of its application in the public sector.
- You must have the ability to accurately interpret legislation and be able to determine the best application within the organisation.
- A very good understanding of commercial contracting in the public sector organisations is essential. You should have an understanding of Risk Management and strong problem-solving ability.
- You will be an effective communicator, through verbal or written means with well-developed leadership skills and the ability to maintain effective relationships.
Key Benefits to this Role & YPO:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: minimum 192.4 hours (26 days) annual leave per year + 8 statutory holidays + 3 discretionary close down days (subject to Board approval)
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- A ‘Disability Confident’ accredited employer with a robust CSR policy and a real commitment to staff development
- Member of the Institute of Customer Service
- Public sector organisation that operates very commercially
- A strong family feel
- Subsidised canteen
- Family friendly policies
- Extensive offer of employee benefits including Cycle2Work, CSSC Membership, Discounted Travel Cards and many more.
If you would like to be considered for this role please download a job description and application form. Completed application forms to be emailed to the HR team at [email protected].
The closing date for applications is 07 May 2021 at 4:30pm and interviews are planned to be held week commencing 17th May 2021 online via Microsoft Teams.