Grade 12 - £42,821 to £45,859 per annum + car allowance | Permanent | Full time 37 hours per week | Closing date: Wednesday 4 November 2020 at 12 noon.
YPO is the largest formally constituted local authority purchasing consortium in the UK providing public sector customers with a 'best value' procurement route for goods and services. With an annual turnover in excess of £1 billion, YPO enables their Public Sector customers to enjoy cost and efficiency savings through substantial bulk buying power and the convenience of a 'one stop shop'.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at YPO for a Category Manager to join the Energy Category Team.
The post holder will be responsible for further developing the Category Strategy and ensuring that the end-to-end category management approach results in effective procurement activity to deliver relevant solutions to the public sector.
The role has responsibility for developing and supporting members of staff and will be responsible for developing and managing procurement solutions covering a full range of services specific to the Energy category.
The Category Manager will also:
- Effectively liaise with other Category Managers within Procurement Services to ensure cohesive procurement solutions are implemented.
- Initiate, develop and manage procurement solutions covering a range of services (and relevant products) to meet the changing requirements of public sector customers.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality Supply Chain performance for service delivery, procurement cost (savings target), efficiency, overall growth and profitability.
- Liaise with customers throughout the UK to advise and develop a range of the procurement solutions implemented and promoted by the Category.
The candidate will have well developed commercial skills, be a skilled operator with the ability to lead, manage and inspire their teams. A proven track record in procurement, demonstrating the ability to manage collaborative outputs within diverse complex arenas is required. In addition, the ideal candidate will be an effective communicator and possess the drive to deliver cost reductions, efficiencies, and improvements for the public sector.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Gavin Rimmington, Head of Public Sector on 07972733056 or Dan Veasey, Category Manager on 07552320300. (Please no agencies at this time).
Key Benefits of this Role & YPO:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: minimum 207.2 hours annual leave (28 days) per year + 8 statutory holidays + 3 discretionary close down days
- Car user scheme
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- A ‘Disability Confident’ accredited employer with a robust CSR policy and a real commitment to staff development
- Member of the Institute of Customer Service
- Public sector organisation that operates very commercially
- A strong family feel
- Subsidised canteen
- Family friendly policies
- Extensive offer of employee benefits including Cycle2Work, CSSC Membership, Discounted Travel Cards and many more
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Wednesday 4 November 2020. Initial interviews will be held on week commencing 16 November 2020. Please note interviews will be held virtually using Microsoft Teams/Zoom.
YPO is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best.