Please note, our policy is to recruit by application form only, CV's will not be accepted for this post.
YPO is the largest formally constituted local authority purchasing consortium in the UK providing public sector customers with a 'best value' procurement route for goods and services. With an annual turnover in excess of £1 billion, YPO enables their Public Sector customers to enjoy cost and efficiency savings through their substantial bulk buying power and convenience of a 'one stop shop'.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at YPO for a Category Manager to join the HR Services Team.
The post-holder will be responsible for further developing the Category Strategy within the portfolio to shape and lead an end-to-end productive category management approach to the effective procurement of HR services requirements for YPO's public sector collaborative partners in the Local Authority, Emergency Service, Central Government, Health and wider Public Sector.
The role has direct line management responsibility for a team of four procurement professionals and the Category Manager will be accountable for the overall team delivery. Additionally, the Category Manager will coach, mentor and support the skills development of their team.
The Category Manager will also:
- Effectively liaise with other Category Managers within Procurement Services to ensure cohesive procurement solutions are implemented.
- Initiate, develop and manage framework contracts covering a range of services (and relevant products) capable of supporting requirements within the public sector.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality Supply Chain performance for service delivery, procurement cost (savings target), efficiency, overall growth and profitability.
- Liaise with customers throughout the UK to advise and develop a range of the procurement solutions implemented and promoted by the Category.
- The candidate will have well developed commercial skills, be a skilled operator with the ability to lead, manage and inspire their teams. A proven track record in procurement, demonstrating the ability to manage collaborative outputs within diverse complex arenas is required. In addition, the ideal candidate will be an effective communicator and possess the drive to deliver cost reductions, efficiencies, and improvements for the public sector.
In line, with the needs of this role, YPO is supportive of flexible working in respect of location.
Key Benefits of this Role & YPO:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: minimum 207.2 hours (28 days) annual leave per year + 8 statutory holidays + 3 discretionary close down days
- Car user scheme
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- A ‘Disability Confident’ accredited employer with a robust CSR policy and a real commitment to staff development
- Member of the Institute of Customer Service
- Public sector organisation that operates very commercially
- A strong family feel
- Subsidised canteen
- Family friendly policies
- Extensive offer of employee benefits including Cycle2Work, CSSC Membership, Discounted Travel Cards and many more
The closing date for applications is 4.00pm on Monday 8th June 2020. Initial interviews will be via Video Call, week commencing 22nd June 2020 – precise dates and times to be agreed.
YPO is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best.