Category Buyer – Fleet Category
Grade 10 – £34,728 to £37,890 per annum | Full time 37 hours per week | Permanent | Closing Date: 12th March 2021.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at YPO for a Buyer to join the Procurement Services Team in the Fleet Category. The category currently manages circa £100m per annum of expenditure within the public sector.
The post-holder will ensure that the category and sourcing strategies are entirely aligned with the business’ future strategy ensuring that best value, quality, and delivery is assured from the supply base. In order to deliver this strategy, the post-holder will be expected to:
- To operate an end-to-end category management approach to procurement in YPO.
- To ensure the category specific buying strategy and approach is aligned to the overall procurement strategy.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality Supply Chain performance for service delivery, procurement cost (savings target), efficiency, overall growth and profitability.
- To demonstrate the YPO Way behaviours (e.g. ownership) & ways of working which support the overall business direction.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing to continuously develop the service and product range to meet the needs of customers and the market generally.
- To support the development of YPO’s Supply Chain capability to ensure long-term efficiency and the required supply capacity to meet customer demands.
- To support and assist the Category Manager in the development and implementation of strategies and policies.
- To support the delivery of an effective Fleet strategy.
The candidate will have a working knowledge of Fleet supply markets, will have an understanding of the public sector and practical experience of OJEU procurement processes. In addition, the ideal candidate will enjoy communicating with customers and possess a drive to deliver cost reductions and other improvements for the public sector.
Key Benefits of This Role:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Car Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: 28 days Annual leave + 8 Statutory + 3 discretionary close down days (subject to approval)
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- A 'Disability Confident' accredited employer with a robust CSR policy with a real commitment to staff development
- Member of the Institute of Customer Service
- Public sector organisation that operates very commercially
- A strong Family feel
- Subsidised canteen
- Family friendly policies
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm 12th March 2021 and interviews will be scheduled for week commencing 29th March 2021.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Ian Reed on 07814290587 for an informal chat.
(CV's will not be accepted in lieu of application forms. Please note only candidates that have completed and returned the application form will be considered.)