Business Development Manager – London & the South-East
Grade 11- £38,890 to £41,881 per annum plus car allowance | Permanent | Full time 37 hours per week | Closing Date: 18th June 2021
YPO, the UK’s largest Public Sector Buying Organisation, have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our team and represent YPO in London and the South East of England.
If you have a proven successful track record of selling within the education market, we would like to hear from you.
In return we can offer an attractive salary, excellent benefits including a fully expensed car, along with flexible working, local government pension scheme and generous leave entitlement.
The suitable candidate will have current experience as an Area Sales/Business Development Manager or Sales Executive working within educational Sales. Experience of our market place and product range is desirable as it is the route to market.
Existing relationships and knowledge of the area would be a distinct advantage.
The candidate should have proven selling experience to all types of education customers within the fast changing and dynamic market place we operate within.
The role covers customers, based in London and the South East of England so candidates need to have easy access in to London and would ideally be situated in Greater London/around the M25. Travel within the UK, including to our Wakefield office, to support YPO and colleagues will be required.
You must be able to demonstrate experience in the following activities;
- Education sales experience with a good understanding of the market
- Consultative/relational selling
- New business development and account management
- Meet and exceed your sales targets
- Excellent customer service and sales/account management skills
- Proven track record in obtaining new sales through new and existing customers
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to plan and manage your own workload
Key Benefits of this Role & YPO:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- An extremely generous holiday package: minimum 28 days of annual leave per year + 8 statutory holidays + 3 discretionary close down days
- Car user scheme
- Flexi scheme and flexible working arrangements
- Member of the Institute of Customer Service
- Public sector organisation that operates very commercially
- A strong family feel
- Family friendly policies
- Extensive offer of employee benefits including Cycle2Work, CSSC Membership, Discounted Travel Cards and many more
If you would like to be considered for this role please contact ONE of the agencies below:
Michael Page - [email protected]
BMS - [email protected]
The closing date is Friday 18 June 2021 and interviews will be held w/c Monday 28 June 2021.