Grade 11 - £37,107 to £39, 961 per annum | Full time 37 hours per week | Permanent | Closing Date: Tuesday 22 January 2019
As a leading public sector procurement organisation with over 40 years’ experience, YPO not only has a huge range of products and services at market-leading prices, but most importantly, the expertise to help our customers find the best solution for them.
We are expanding our Furniture Design Unit and introducing a new role of Business Development Manager. This is an exciting time to join our team as we introduce this key role that will be responsible for generating business opportunities with customers in new and existing markets to increase sales and growth across the Public & Private sector, in turn delivering better solutions for our customers.
As Business Development Manager, you will be focussed on developing new business and managing and developing existing accounts to ensure maximum potential is reached and our product offering is continuously improved.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Building strategic relationships with suppliers by implementing an SRM model to ensure KPIs are adhered to and monitored
- Overseeing the Design Unit and projects
- Develop and manage customer and supplier relationships across sectors including oversight of any possible risks and issues relating to the process or barriers to trading
- Implement and manage Terms & Conditions for large projects including industry (JCT & NEC3) and contractual terms to mitigate risk to the organisation and customers
- Work with the Design Unit Manager to maximise opportunities, including the submission of bids and tenders to a very high corporate standard.
- Supporting the Business Manager with the development and implementation of strategies and policies
Essential Requirements include:
- Excellent knowledge of Public & Private sector (including the construction industry)
- Commercial understanding of the process including terms & conditions, costs/margin and risk management
- Ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships at all levels of a customer organisation
- Excellent organisational skills with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
- Proven experience of Supplier Relationship Management and managing and improving supplier performance
We are looking for an individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is self-motivated and determined to drive sales within a very competitive market. You must have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, the ability to build strategic relationships with customers and suppliers along with easily demonstrated, robust, key industry knowledge.
In return, we offer an excellent benefits package with a holiday allowance starting at 28 days, plus Bank Holidays and 3 discretionary ‘close down’ days. Company Car Allowance, a generous contributory pension scheme as well as a range of additional benefits including:
- Flexible WorkingFree parking (subject to availability)
A ‘Disability Confident’ accredited employer with a robust CSR policy and a real commitment to staff development
A strong family feel with Family Friendly policies
Extensive offer of employee benefits including Cycle2Work, CSSC Membership, Discounted Travel Cards and many more
The closing date for applications for this role is Tuesday 22 January 2019, with interviews to be held Wednesday 6 February 2019.