YPO is accredited with the Disability Confident Employer Level in recognition of our commitment to employing, retaining, training and developing disabled people.
Through various initiatives, YPO has pledged to meet the commitments required to achieve accreditation around recruitment, training, retention, consultation and disability awareness.
Gaining accreditation means that YPO is committed to:
- identifying and addressing any barriers that may prevent or deter disabled people from applying for jobs
- making sure people involved in the recruitment process are Disability Confident and know how to support disabled applicants
- providing an opportunity for disabled people to indicate that they are disabled or have a long-term health condition
- ensuring disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the job when sifting job applications are invited to interview
- building a culture in the business where employees feel sale to disclose any disability or long-term health condition, feeling confident they will be support as necessary
- providing support for existing employees who become disabled or experience health problems, for example, through occupational health sessions, offering flexible working patterns, offering home working
- providing reasonable adjustments as necessary to support staff. This includes supporting applications to Access to Work for advice and financial support
- ensuring that line managers encourage staff to speak openly about their views, needs and ambitions in staff reviews, and act appropriately on the points raised
For more information about the Disability Confident scheme, please click here.